This High Protein vegan Salad Jar is a wonderful combination of sweet, savory and tangy which will leave you and your guests super satisfied !
Salad jar recipes are my all time favorite HACK to help you save time in the kitchen so that you are free to spend more time with family and friends.
They can last for 3-5 days in the in fridge depending on the ingredients and how they are stacked.
Here are my Tips for making them taste delicious and last longer....
🍋 Always add your dressing at the bottom and your leaves on the top. That way your leaves don’t get all soggy. 😌
🥔Next add your veggies that don’t contain as much water, like beans and veggies containing more starch.
🍤Then add your protein and grains.
🥑 Additional fats or toppings like avocado and nuts last.
I prefer to leave out ingredients such as fresh onion (as I believe they should be used when cut) and add more flavour with ginger and garlic through my salad dressings.
Prep time: 15mins
Cook time: 15mins
For the Tempeh
200gr Fresh Tempeh
2 Tbsp. Coconut Amino
1Tbsp. Avocado Oil
1tsp garlic powder
1 tsp pink salt
For the Salad Jar
100gr cup Cooked Tempeh, cooled.
1 cup cooked Brown rice, cooled
1 cup cooked Edamame, cooled.
1/2 cup grated carrot
1 cup chopped white cabbage
1 cup baby spinach
1 bulb chopped spring onion (greens only)
Handful of coriander
For the Dressing
2 Tbsp. Unsweetened Organic Smooth Peanut Butter
Juice of 1 Lime
1 Tbsp. raw honey
1 Tbsp. water
1 bulb minced fresh garlic
1/2 thumb minced fresh ginger
Shake well and leave to develop for at least 15mins before adding to the jar.
1. To Prepare the Tempeh - Chop the tempeh into cubes. Add Coconut Amino, Olive oil, Garlic powder and salt to a bowl and pour over Tempeh. Marinate for 1-2 hours for best flavour. (Optional)
Add to Air frier or roasting pan. Cook for 10/15 mins turning half way (160c degrees in airfrier/190C degrees in oven)
2. Prepare the Brown rice as per cooking instructions. Leave to cool.
3. Next Prepare your salad dressing, adding all ingredients to a Mason Jar. Shake well and leave to develop in the fridge.
4. Prepare all the other Salad Jar ingredients and before stacking make sure that everything has had time to cool.
5. Start by layering your salad with the dressing on the bottom, next add your edamame, carrots, tempeh, rice, leaves and toppings.
Enjoy within 3-5 days! x