Updated: 2 days ago
If like me you find yourself searching for different ways to get more veggies into the kids look no further than my sweet potato fritters!
They are packed with vitamins and all the essential macronutrients to keep you fuller for longer. And if you choose a whole-wheat or gluten free pasta they will crisp up nicely offering that wonderful 'crunch' that most kids enjoy!
Here's a short video to help you prepare them. Let us know how you and your family rate them in the comments below!
LLWL programs Phase 4
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Portion size 3 hand size fritters
1 small sweet potato – Approx. 180gr in weight
1 cup of pasta of choice, I used Quinoa
2 medium eggs
¼ Red capsicum
1 Bulb of spring onion
¼ tsp garlic granules
¼ tsp pink salt
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp buckwheat flour (optional)
2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
1. Grate your sweet potato, chop capsicum and spring onion and add to a large mixing bowl.
2. Add salt, garlic granules, eggs and pasta and spoon mixture into a food processor.
3. After 1 min of pulsing transfer back into the mixing bowl and add in the nutritional yeast, buckwheat flour and mix again.
4. Add 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil to a hot skillet and spoon in the mixture, hand sized fritters.
5. Cook on medium heat for 1-2 minutes each side, transfer to a paper towel to remove excess oil before serving.