I love everything about Cauliflower! When I was growing up, the only way to get me to eat it would be an oooey, gooey cauliflower cheese which my mother makes with perfect execution!
Since going dairy free, I now love finding new ways to incorporate it into my diet without simply adding with to a salad or steaming it. Its such a versatile ingredient that can be used in so many ways and is the perfect addition to a low carb diet. Make a creamy mash, use it as a pizza or quiche crust or even use as a rice with lots of vegetables and protein.
Today we've made this wonderful Lemon and Cauliflower Summer Salad which is the perfect addition to your weekly meal planner! Try adding it in to your week and let us know your comments below.
Lemon and Cauliflower Salad with Grilled Chicken
(Serves 2-3 pax)
From Phase 2
1 garlic clove, finely minced
Juice of 1 fresh lemon
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon white balsamic
400g cauliflower florets, riced
8-10 sprigs fresh mint, leaves only and julienned
8-10 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only and julienned
2 medium beef or plum tomatoes, cubed
2 small cucumbers, cut into small cubes
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
4 small chicken breasts
1 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons Olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the Oven to 175 degrees.
2. Marinate the chicken with paprika, salt and heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and cook it for 7-10 minutes on medium heat until the outside is lightly browned. Transfer into the oven to finish cooking - Approx. – 12-15mins
3. Make the dressing: Place garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil and balsamic into a small bowl and stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper, then set aside for at least 15 mins for flavors to infuse.
4. Add cauliflower to a box -grater or blender and chop into grain sized pieces. Alternatively, buy riced cauliflower. Transfer the grated cauliflower in a large serving bowl.
5. Add mint, parsley, tomatoes and cucumber to the bowl and mix together with the cauliflower and pour the dressing over the salad. Mix well.
6. Remove the chicken from the oven and slice or cut into cubes, top the salad with chicken. Add a squeeze of lemon for the final touch.