What better way to start a lovely autumn meal than with a bowl of delicious and nutritious soup! This super easy 20 min soup, is free from Dairy and Gluten and is made without the use of a broth but will always leave you coming back for more!
The addition of the celeriac and lentils make add a little more sweetness and creaminess, as so it’s the perfect addition to meal times at only 155 calories a bowl!
Leave me a comment below and tell me how you enjoyed it!
Easy 20 min - Celeriac, Butternut & Lentil soup
Serves 4 - Small Portions
LLWL – Phases 2,3,4
Prep time: 5mins
Cook time: 15mins
1 small chopped white onion
1 tbsp. olive oil
3 tbsp. of split red lentils
2 cups butternut squash, chopped into small cubes
2 cups chopped celeriac - fresh or frozen
800ml boiling water
¼ tsp garlic granules
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp smoked paprika
Salt and pepper
1. Add olive oil to a big pot, add onion and spices and cook for 2-3 mins on medium heat.
2. Add boiling water and turn up to high heat, and all of the vegetables and lentils
3. Bring to the boil, stir and cover.
4. Simmer on medium heat for 15 mins until all vegetables are soft.
5. Blend to a smooth consistency using a hand blender