A lightened up, dairy-free, gluten-free, healthier version that is super easy to make and really tasty!
I love ALL KINDS of Lettuce wraps! Lettuce wraps are the perfect, low-carb option to hold a good amount of your favorite filling without the risk of everything falling apart!
In this chicken recipe I’m not using the traditional ingredients in say ‘the classic PF Changs’ recipe as I want to keep with the low calorie, dairy and gluten free sauces and I’m not actually a huge fan of Hoisin sauce or Sesame Oil.
In my recipe below I’ve used my favorite Coconut Aminos which are similar in color and consistency to a light soy sauce, making it an easy substitute in Asian inspired recipes. It’s not as rich as traditional soy sauce and has a milder, sweeter flavor which is why I’ve used both soy sauce and Aminos in this recipe.
I’ve added some Bok choy and Yellow Capsicum for the added texture and of course the added health benefits. Unlike most other fruits and vegetables, Bok choy contains the mineral selenium which acts as a powerful antioxidant and can help boost your immune system.
500gr Chicken Mince
1 Cup Baby Bok Choy chopped
½ cup diced yellow capsicum
1 Small white onion diced
2 cloves minced garlic
10gr fresh ginger diced
2 tbsp Gluten Free soy sauce
2 tbsp Coconut Aminos
1 small Medium heat Red Chilli (Optional)
2 bulbs Spring onion chopped
Lettuce of your choice – Read more here about the best lettuce to use for wraps!
1. In a large sauce pan, heat olive oil. Add onion, garlic and ginger and sauté until cooked approx. 2-3 mins.
2. Add the chicken mince and cook almost all the way through stirring now and again. (Approx. 5-8mins)
3. Add the Capsicum and Bok choy, Soy Sauce and Coconut Aminos, Chilli and 2 tablespoons of water reduce heat to let simmer.
4. Stir in diced green onion and allow sauce to thicken, after approx. 10 mins remove from heat.
5. Wash and dry your lettuce leaves.
6. Add about 1/3 cup chicken mixture to each butter leaf and add toppings.
7. Store remainder in fridge for up to 3 days.
Lettuce Cups are easy to make and please a crowd! Choose different toppings such as peanuts, spring onion, a chili mayo or sauce and you have a winning dish!
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @wellnesswithkerry on Instagram 😊